sharing the joy
We absolutely love our dogs, and it’s important to us that our breeding dogs all be a part of a family, and never out in a kennel. As our breeding program grows, we’re able to do this with our guardian home program. Families who are accepted into this program have a great opportunity to own a Lewis Manor Labradoodle at a fraction of the cost. And in exchange, our dogs are all loved members of great local families, living pampered lives!
A guardian family takes a puppy/dog home as their own to be a permanent member of their family. They agree to raise, train, and care for a Lewis Manor breeding Labradoodle throughout their breeding career. In return for providing a home for one of our breeding dogs, ownership is transferred to the guardian family once the dog is finished with their breeding career. The dog becomes part of the guardian family, and only comes back to Lewis Manor when health testing needs to be done, when it’s time to breed, or for females, when she’s ready to have her litter of puppies. She stays with us for about 8 weeks to have her puppies, then returns to her guardian home. Lewis Manor pays for all breeding related costs (health testing, sonograms, etc.) and the guardian family is responsible for all normal pet costs (annual check ups and Vet visits, vaccines, heartworm, flea prevention, food, etc.).
- The puppy/dog is pick of the litter and is a training school graduate ($10,500 value) for the cost of $3,000. Once the dog is bred and successfully raises/sires a litter, the original $3,000 is refunded to the guardian. If the dog is never used, or found to be infertile, no further compensation is made and the guardian received a deep discount on a trained dog.
- Guardian families get the best Australian Labradoodles Lewis Manor has to offer, as we choose our breeding stock to have the best qualities, conformation, and temperament!
- Prefer you live within 60 miles from the Syracuse airport. Exceptions are made sometimes for those willing and able to drive the dog to us when needed.
- Prefer homes have a fenced yard.
- Guardian families must be willing to feed the premium food we feed our breeding dogs.
- Provide basic obedience for your Lewis Manor puppy, either in a group session or private trainer and ensure the puppy is well socialized.
- Someone must be home during the day or have a schedule that does not require the puppy to be left alone for long periods of time.
- Keep open communication with Lewis Manor and provide regular updates and photos as the puppy grows so we can update our web site.
- Must be willing to follow Lewis Manor's recommendations for the dog’s veterinary care, such as vaccines, medications, etc. and be willing to transport dog to us or to our Reproductive Vet’s for appointments.
- Willing and able to transport dog to Lewis Manor for health testing, breeding, and whelping.
- Keep the dog professionally groomed at least every 8 weeks.
Fill out our application and state in the comments that you are interested in the guardian program. We'll contact you to discuss any further questions you may have, or questions we may have for you. We'll set up a time for you to come visit and meet us and our dogs. We'll set up a home visit where we'll bring the potential dog/puppy along. If all goes well, and a good match can be made, we'll set up a time to either drop the puppy off to you or for you to pick the puppy up to come be a new member of your family!